Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mark Seghers vs. Rick Markowski

After much anticipation, the big match between Mark Seghers and Rick Markowski finally took place. Here is the game log and my comments.




White Move #1: Interesting start for Mark. Not sure what he is doing here, but I gather he read another book on opening moves and figures he has me confused.
Black Move #1: Rick moves cautiously as I am not sure what he has up his sleeve.
White Move #2: Wow, what's this guy thinking? Was it the Chess for Dummies book he is reading? Mark is sitting smugly at this point with his arms folded and sipping a brewski.
Black Move #2: Of course I know what I want to do here, but I play to his ego and really act like I am flummoxed by Mark's last move. I feign that I am going to move my Knight, but then quickly grab my Queen and move to H4 with a triumphant "Check mate!". Mark did not say a word.

After the game, I calmly picked up the chess board and pieces from the floor after Mark threw them to the ground in disgust and stormed out of the room....

2 comments:

Mark Seghers said...

Very funny, Rick...
Actually, Rick does usually beat me but it takes more moves than this... usually like 6 or 7.
We don't tolerate vandalism on this site, Rick. You're lucky you made me laugh or I would have revoked your publishing rights...

Rick Markowski said...

I sure had fun writing that one. As you can see I am real busy at work....